Metagenics NeuroCalm 120 Tabs
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRACTITIONER ONLY SUPPLEMENT. IF YOU ARE PURCHASING THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND HAVE NOT BEEN ADVISED BY A HEALTH PRACTITIONER TO USE THIS PRODUCT, WE WILL NEED TO CONTACT YOU TO DISCUSS APPROPRIATE & SAFE USE BEFORE DISPATCH. PLEASE SUPPLY YOUR CONTACT DETAILS.
Metagenics NeuroCalm is a beneficial herbal blend for times of stress, nervous tension and mild anxiety. The herbs in this formulation have shown support for:
- Reducing anxiety during times of stress.
- Modulating GABA and neurotransmitter pathways.
- Tension, anxiety, irritability and insomnia.
- Without impairing cognition.
- May encourage balance between glutamate and GABA.
- Contains therapeutic levels of Zizyphus, Kudzu, Magnolia and Passionflower.
|Ziziphus jujuba, var. spinosa seed dry (Zizyphus)||3.0g|
|Pueraria lobata, root dry (Kudzu vine)||2.0g|
|Magnolia officinalis stem, bark dry (Magnolia)||1.5g|
|Passiflora incarnata, herb dry (Passion flower)||1.3g|
Metagenics NeuroCalm is free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein, starches and salt. Metagenics NeuroCalm is free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Dose: Adults: Take 1 tablet three times daily or as directed
- Passionflower, in traditional Western medicine, is used for tension, anxiety, irritability and insomnia. A constituent that contributes to this effect is apigenin, which has been shown to bind to central benzodiazepine receptors causing anxiolytic effects without impairing cognition.
- Zizyphus and magnolia have been shown in animal studies to modulate neurotransmitter activity via receptor site binding. Interactions have been demonstrated between these herbs and adenosine, dopamine, serotonin and GABA benzodiazepine receptors. Honokiol from magnolia has exhibited anxiolytic effects in animals via interaction with GABA-A receptors and without causing motor dysfunction or CNS suppression. Honokiol may also inhibit catecholamine secretion and enhance cholinergic function. It is via these modulating actions that ingredients in NeuroCalm may encourage balance between the excitatory effects of glutamate and the calmative effects of GABA.
- Caution in pregnancy – use only under medical supervision in pregnancy. Passion flower has been found to stimulate uterine contractions in an animal model. Additionally, zizyphus may have uterine-stimulating activity.
- Breastfeeding: Appropriate for use.
Answer your customers' common questions
List a frequently asked question
Then provide an answer that will help your customer make an informed purchase.